Even if your child is healthy it’s still crucial to bring them in for regular medical visits.
All parents can probably agree that the health of their child is a top priority. While you won’t be able to prevent your child from dealing with illnesses or injuries their entire life, there are certain safeguards you can take and our San Francisco and Mill Valley, CA, pediatricians are here to tell you why wellness checkups should be one of them.
What are wellness checkups?
These visits with your child’s San Francisco children’s doctor are imperative for kids of all ages, no matter how healthy they may be. Our goal as your doctor is to prevent illnesses or other health issues whenever possible and one of the best ways to do this by visiting us regularly. Besides making sure your child is healthy and meeting all their developmental milestones these visits also include:
- Keeping your child up to date with vaccinations to protect them from potentially life-threatening illnesses and infections
- Making sure that they are maintaining a healthy weight and eating a balanced diet
- Ensuring that they are healthy enough for certain activities (e.g. sports)
- Providing advice, answering questions and offering a listening ear for parents who want to know everything from sleep problems to social habits
- Checking their vital signs and reflexes
- Pinpointing any signs or symptoms of a health problem
How often should my child come in for wellness checkups?
Particularly right after your child is born they will need to come in pretty regularly to make sure that they are getting the immunizations and care they need to protect their health for the long run. Here is a list of the vaccinations, provided by the CDC that will ensure that your child is on track to getting the proper medical care they need. If in doubt, just give one of our pediatricians a call to find out if it’s time to bring your little one in for a visit.
If it’s time to schedule your child’s next check-up or if you want to find out more about your child’s vaccine schedule, don’t hesitate to call Town and Country Pediatrics Medical Associates in San Francisco and Mill Valley, CA to find out more.